As many of you have probably noticed, entrepreneurs are scrappy and resourceful individuals, and the first season of entrepreneurs that we interviewed were no exception. Here is a list of books that these influencer’s found helpful for them and their daily practices.
- The E –Myth
- Daring Greatly
- You’ll See It When You Believe It: The Way to Your Personal Transformation
Shawn Lukacsy and Chris Lemky
- How to Win Friends and Influence People
- Tools of Titans: The Tactics, Routines, and Habits of Billionaires, Icons and World-Class Performer
- The Daily Stoic: 366 Meditations on Wisdom, Perseverance, and the Art of Living
- Shift Selling
- The Alchemist
- The Game
- The Truth: An Uncomfortable Book About Relationships
- Zero to One: Notes on Startups, or How to Build the Future
- How to Win Friends and Influence People
- 7 Habits of Highly Effective People
- Built to Last
- Scaling Up: How a Few Companies Make It…and Why the Rest Don’t
- Money: Master the Game
- Oh, The Places You’ll Go!
- Desk Bound
- Becoming a Supple Leopard
- Move Your DNA
- The Genius of Flexibility: The Smart Way to Stretch and Strengthen Your Body
For more information please refer to their individual podcast and show notes. Season two will be released late 2017, stay tuned!
We Are Rebranding Our Podcast!
We are in the process of rebranding our entire podcast.
The first ten episodes conclude season 1 of our series and our next series will be completely rebranded with a different name and style.
Ep. 010 – Denise Baril on how to talk to strangers, connecting with the right intent and the importance of knowing your why
This week you will get the chance to hear from Denise Baril, the President and Founder of the Workplace Speaker Network. From her immense experience in networking and connecting, you’ll get to hear about how she has developed into who she is today and how that has led into her current success.
“Too many people take people for granted – you have to step up and serve” – Denise Baril
The President and Founder of the Workplace Speaker Network, Denise Baril, took the time to sit down with us for this week’s podcast and share her story.
The youngest of 9, Denise grew up in a close community in Winnipeg, Manitoba. Having entrepreneurial parents growing up, Denise learnt a lot about what it meant to be successful in business from some of her greatest influencers.
Denise herself has built a business around connecting. One thing that we learnt about her, before we even had the chance to meet her, was that she was an amazing connector. Since first starting off in marketing, Denise has since done so much more with her life and has created an immense network of people around her. Her motto: People are your greatest gifts, not things.
Aside from her current success with the WSN, Denise is also partnered with International Health Care Providers. Furthermore, she is a visiting instructor at SAIT where she runs a course on Extreme Networking.
With all her triumphs as a connector, we wanted to know who the lady behind all this networking was. Sitting down with Denise we got to learn about who she is and how she has created her success. We hope you enjoy getting the chance to hear from her because we definitely did!
- How important is intent when connecting with people?
- What does it look like to build your business based on your values?
- What’re your thoughts on the ‘elevator pitch’?
Question of the show: What’s your biggest fear when it comes to talking to strangers?
- Who is Denise Baril? [01:00]
- Why should someone build a business around connecting people? [03:00]
- Is intent important when it comes to connecting with people? [06:00]
- What are the strategies to stay focused on your goals? [14:00]
- How do you navigate conflict and relationships that go south? [25:30]
- What are your strategies for remembering people? [37:30]
- Why are elevator pitches are inauthentic? [40:00]
- How do you talk to strangers? [44:30]
- How do you restore trust in a relationship? [48:00]
MUSIC PROVIDED BY:
WHAT EQUIPMENT DID I USE?
Culture1 month ago
What Social Expectations of Men Do Guys Wish Didn’t Exist?
Opinion1 month ago
Three Ways to Turn Social Media Followers Into Paying Customers
Topics4 months ago
Local Love for Local Laundry
Instagram1 month ago
Three Ways to Grow on Instagram in 2018
Podcast12 months ago
Ep. 006 – Why I Dropped Out of School to Start HYPR Magazine
Startup2 months ago
What is Bitcoin?!
Editorial4 weeks ago
Why You Should Become a Cannabis Entrepreneur
News1 month ago
Why Drink Green Beer When You Can Just Smoke Some Green Instead?