Ep. 004 – Sean Sweeney on the fastest growing sport in Canada, how to prepare for greatness and why everyone is in sales.
Sean’s success when it comes to athletics is very evident when one is privy to his extensive list of accolades. Along with coaching at COR.fit, Sean has also applied his background as a National level cyclist to serving him as a spin and cycling coach. He has acted as a brand ambassador for both X Warrior Challenge and Spartan Race Global, along with being featured in IMPACT Magazine and making an appearance on Dragons’ Den.
“Greatness takes a little bit of time” – Sean Sweeney
This week we had the pleasure of sitting down with Sean Sweeney, the lead trainer at COR.fit, one of Calgary’s leading gym’s when it comes to obstacle course training.
A true “Jock of all Trades”, Sean’s success when it comes to athletics is very evident when one is privy to his extensive list of accolades. Currently Sean works in medical sales and marketing for EFW Radiology, and along with his passion for his career, we got to learn about his other interests when he isn’t at work.
Along with coaching at COR.fit, Sean has also applied his background as a National level cyclist to serving him as a spin and cycling coach. He has acted as a brand ambassador for both X Warrior Challenge and Spartan Race Global, along with being featured in IMPACT Magazine and making an appearance on Dragons’ Den.
COR.fit was first opened in January 2016 as a place for people to train and hone their skills as obstacle racers. One year later they opened up their second location, and are ready to continue expanding all across Canada.
Topics Discussed Include:
- What does mental toughness mean to you?
- How do you help someone recognize patterns of success versus patterns of failure in their life?
- What routines do you have in your life to help you maintain a positive lifestyle?
Talking with Sean was a great time and I’m sure you all will enjoy this podcast as well!
Question of the show: Have you ever tried obstacle course racing?
- Who is Sean Sweeney [03:00]
- How did Cor.Fit come into existence? [06:40]
- How do you help new members overcome the intimidation factor? [12:15]
- Sean on his sports background [17:00]
- How do you develop mental toughness? [24:00]
- How do you help someone reprogram their patterns of failure to patterns of achievement? [29:00]
- What is Sean’s daily routine? [33:00]
- Sean’s thoughts of cheat meals [41:00]
- What are your lessons learnt during your sales career? [43:30]
- Did sales help with coaching athletes? [45:00]
- What’s the vision for Cor.Fit? [50:00]
- Sean’s experience appearing on Dragon’s Den [52:30]
- If you could go back in time? Would you change anything? [1:06:00]
MUSIC PROVIDED BY:
WHAT EQUIPMENT DID I USE?
Season 1 Podcast: Recommended Book List
As many of you have probably noticed, entrepreneurs are scrappy and resourceful individuals, and the first season of entrepreneurs that we interviewed were no exception. Here is a list of books that these influencer’s found helpful for them and their daily practices.
- The E –Myth
- Daring Greatly
- You’ll See It When You Believe It: The Way to Your Personal Transformation
Shawn Lukacsy and Chris Lemky
- How to Win Friends and Influence People
- Tools of Titans: The Tactics, Routines, and Habits of Billionaires, Icons and World-Class Performer
- The Daily Stoic: 366 Meditations on Wisdom, Perseverance, and the Art of Living
- Shift Selling
- The Alchemist
- The Game
- The Truth: An Uncomfortable Book About Relationships
- Zero to One: Notes on Startups, or How to Build the Future
- How to Win Friends and Influence People
- 7 Habits of Highly Effective People
- Built to Last
- Scaling Up: How a Few Companies Make It…and Why the Rest Don’t
- Money: Master the Game
- Oh, The Places You’ll Go!
- Desk Bound
- Becoming a Supple Leopard
- Move Your DNA
- The Genius of Flexibility: The Smart Way to Stretch and Strengthen Your Body
For more information please refer to their individual podcast and show notes. Season two will be released late 2017, stay tuned!
Culture1 month ago
What Social Expectations of Men Do Guys Wish Didn’t Exist?
Opinion1 month ago
Three Ways to Turn Social Media Followers Into Paying Customers
Topics4 months ago
Local Love for Local Laundry
Instagram1 month ago
Three Ways to Grow on Instagram in 2018
Podcast12 months ago
Ep. 006 – Why I Dropped Out of School to Start HYPR Magazine
Startup2 months ago
What is Bitcoin?!
Editorial4 weeks ago
Why You Should Become a Cannabis Entrepreneur
News1 month ago
Why Drink Green Beer When You Can Just Smoke Some Green Instead?