Student Writer Internship
Are you a student? We are looking for multiple writers
Since HYPR Magazine has only been around for a few months. We are very picky in terms of our selection. We are looking for people who truly care. If that is you then continue reading!
What HYPR Magazine is:
At HYPR, our aim is to redefine how consumers interact with written content within a digital ecosystem. We believe that traditional media is dead and print media just does not receive the same attention as it once did. We are looking for writers that understand where consumer attention is and is willing to create content for these platforms:
What HYPR Magazine is not:
If you are primarily motivated by the romance of entrepreneurship, start-ups, free lunches, on-site playgrounds and in-house massages then we are not the company for you.
How to Apply:
Employment Type: Internship
Minimum Experience: Entry-level
Conditional Requirement: MUST BE A STUDENT
Location: Calgary, AB
What you will doing
HYPR Magazine is currently searching for writer interns to join our editorial team in Calgary for our web property (http://www.hyprmagazine.com/). This internship will offer great online magazine experience and help you understand and live through the dynamics of a growing digital media startup. Writing for HYPR Magazine will expose you a variety of different opportunities such as attending local events, covering press releases, and providing media coverage for various occasions.
- Attending local events for free
- Covering press releases
- Providing media coverage for various occasions.
- Writing & editing editorial content
- Learning about the local blogging industry
- Understanding attention dynamics of a city’s online audience
- Working in WordPress
- Learning how to create content that drives massive readership
- Attend various events across the city as a member of the HYPR team
- Interview select individuals as you provide media coverage for various occasions
- Willing to learn and adapt
- Self-starter attitude
- Has knowledge of online writing, blogging and journalism
- Has interest in entrepreneurship, lifestyle, media, and their city
- Has interest in web analytics and curating content that will garner attention.
- Possess a laptop with WiFi capability
INTERNSHIP IS NOT REMUNERATED
How to apply
We want to get to know you because we care that you are human so in conjunction with your resume please apply using the following format: