Student Writer Internship
What HYPR Magazine is:
At HYPR, our aim is to redefine how consumers interact with written content within a digital ecosystem. We believe that traditional media is dying and print media just does not receive the same attention as it once did. We are looking for writers that understand where consumer attention is and are willing to create content for multiple platforms.
Employment Type: Internship
Minimum Experience: Entry-level
Conditional Requirement: MUST BE A STUDENT
Location: Calgary, AB
What You Will be Doing:
HYPR Magazine is currently searching for writer interns to join our editorial team in Calgary for our web property (http://www.hyprmagazine.com/). This internship will offer great online magazine experience and help you understand and live through the dynamics of a growing digital media startup.
- Unrestricted access into various local events
- Getting to cover exclusive events, such as new product releases or grand openings
- Swag from partnering companies that we work with
- Opportunities to develop your network
- Working in WordPress
- Writing & editing editorial content
- Learning about the local blogging industry
- Understanding attention dynamics of a city’s online audience
- Learning how to create content that drives massive readership
- Interview people as you provide media coverage for various occasions
- Must be a student enrolled in a program that requires a ‘work experience’ component
- Has knowledge of online writing, blogging and/or journalism
THINGS WE LOOK FOR
- Willingness to learn and adapt
- Self-starter attitude
- Ability to work independently
INTERNSHIP IS NOT REMUNERATED
How to Apply:
Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com by January 20th, 2018.
We thank all applicants for their interest, all applicants that are being considered will be contacted by HYPR Magazine.