At HYPR, our aim is to redefine how consumers interact with content within a digital ecosystem. We want to work with someone who will have an understanding of virality and be able to understand and summarize how and why certain pieces of content blow up — where did they take off, what makes them special, and why are they worth sharing. This understanding along with the support of our team members will help this individual create content in a 2019 world.
Employment Type: 4-Month unpaid Internship
Minimum Experience: Entry-level
Conditional Requirement: MUST BE A STUDENT
Location: Calgary, AB
What You Will be doing:
HYPR Magazine is currently searching for media interns to join our media team in Calgary for our web property (http://www.hyprmagazine.com/). This internship will offer great online magazine experience and help you understand & live through the dynamics of a growing digital media startup. At HYPR Magazine, we are passionate about the brand that we are creating and if you’ve got a brand-new idea for our social media platforms that you want to develop – we’re always on the lookout for informed opinions.
- Unrestricted access into various local events
- Providing media coverage for various exclusive events
- Swag from partnering companies that you work with
- Opportunities to develop your network
- Plan, implement and distribute content releases and schedules across multiple platforms
- Create content specific for platforms such as Snapchat, Instagram, YouTube and Facebook
- Monitor the internet for social news opportunities and work with the editor on related pieces
- Gathering facts and data to back the content created
- Must be a student enrolled in a program that requires a ‘work experience’ component
- Knowledge and/or experience tracking down leads and original content sources
- Understanding of the digital landscape and up-to-date knowledge of developments in web applications
- Has knowledge in using, but not limited to Adobe Lightroom, Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premiere Pro, AVID, etc.
THINGS WE LOOK FOR
- Willingness to learn and adapt
- Self-starter attitude
- Ability to work independently and in a team dynamic
- Has interest in creating content and an enthusiasm for finding, sharing, and writing about original content sources
INTERNSHIP IS NOT REMUNERATED
How to Apply:
Please submit samples of your work, resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by January 15th, 2019. In your cover letter, please include 2-3 links to HYPR Magazine’s posts (Facebook, Instagram post and/or a piece of content from our website) and indicate why you think they did really well.
We thank all applicants for their interest, only those applicants chosen to continue through the selection process will be contacted by HYPR Magazine.