It is that time of year again! The Christmas season is upon us, and with it, countless Christmas parties. Understandably, choosing the right outfit for this occasion may seem stressful, but I’m here to tell you that it doesn’t have to be! Your main focus is being excited for the numerous parties with colleagues and friends, not worrying about what to wear.
A Christmas party is the perfect setting to showcase your dapper style. This simple guide will assist you in choosing the right outfit, allowing you to stay completely stress free!
Understand the setting and the dress code.
- Black tie events call for your finest black tux and black bow tie. This is non-negotiable.
- Formal dress code doesn’t necessarily mean black tie. A suit and tie combo is perfect for this occasion. Show off your style! Be creative! This means patterns, vibrant colours, and the accessories to match.
- Semi-Formal dress code is the same as above, except you can lose the tie (if you want) and swap your trousers for jeans. The goal is to be comfortable, but you still want your outfit to pop in front of your colleagues and friends. I suggest using a patterned button down shirt for that pop feature.
Fit of the outfit.
- Make sure your outfit is fitted to your body! The worst mistake gentleman make is wearing something that does not fit whatsoever.
- Your goal is to look sophisticated. Show others that you care about your appearance.
- Fellas, your date should always look better than you do. You are a gentleman. Show off the queen!
Personally, I am so excited for the Christmas party season! It is a chance to mingle with your friends and colleagues, showcase your style, and most importantly, HAVE FUN! Pay attention to the detail, make sure it fits you, and know the dress code for the party. Simple as that!
For more style ideas, check out my Instagram @dysfunctionalwardrobe.