Recently, I did a photo shoot with a close friend and wicked photographer. The goal was to showcase basic pieces that have been put together to create something simple, yet elegant. Simplicity goes a long way in a variety of different occasions, when done right and in the appropriate setting.
Breaking it down:
- Long coat from Zara. This style is very simple, with one colour.
- The shape and collars are the defining feature of this piece.
- Your common white V-neck T.
- This is a great piece to have in your wardrobe because of its versatility.
- It has the ability to turn an outfit with more formal aspects, into something a bit more casual.
- Be careful when drinking coffee. I’ve made this mistake too many times.
- Simple blue jeans.
- The jeans can be blue, black, green, red, etc. With the top half of your outfit encompassing common pieces, you have the freedom of choosing the colour and style of your jeans.
- Black leather Chelsea boots. Because, well, what else is new. This is my go-to for the fall/winter. Get used to it.
- The reason I wear this style of boots is to showcase how it can be used in a multitude of different styles!
My point behind this blog is to outline how each piece in this outfit is incredibly common, but when put together, it can create something that pops perfectly. Simplicity means elegance. I strongly believe this.
For more style ideas, head over to my Instagram @dysfunctionalwardrobe.