This blog will be slightly unorthodox. This week I decided to provide a very brief summary of current fall styles and where to find them. This is Part 1 of a 3-part series. Part 2 and 3 will include the casual and formal fall styles in separate blogs, so stay tuned!
Okay moving on; fall is now in session! Some would say, “it’s finally boot season,” and by some, I pretty much mean myself and possibly a couple others.
Things to look out for this season:
- Darker jeans/chinos
- LOTS of plaid
- Comfy jumpers
- Burgundy, navy blue, darker shades of green, amber, darker shades of grey, and black
Fall suiting is pretty simple, but also elegant, and shifts towards a more urban vintage aspect:
- The suit tones are identical to the colors I listed earlier, and sometimes also including dark purple.
- Switch from linens to wool or cotton blends.
- I do emphasize the use of greens and burgundy, because it flows well during this season.
Where to find this style:
- I can only make suggestions based on the places that I have personally visited and found the perfect fall collections:
- RW&Co is my top choice for their new fall collection. With great pieces for both formal and casual wear, you will not be disappointed in what they have to offer. Also, the new PK Subban line is out. BUY EVERYTHING! Well not everything, but still, treat yourself.
- Le Chateau is your next stop. I highly recommend this store for their burgundy blazer.
- H&M provides comfy and stylish casual wear, primarily their jumpers.
- These are my top 3 go-to’s, but you will obviously find other pieces scattered throughout the mall.
I would love to hear feedback and ideas/suggestions for what to include in my next couple of fall blogs, so please find me on Instagram @dysfunctionalwardrobe and send a message! Looking forward to really diving into this season with numerous styles and outfits suitable for everyone.