Top 5 Books that Every New Entrepreneur Should Read
Leaders are readers. We’ve all heard that adage, “learn from the mistakes of others.” That is exactly what books are. Although it is much harder to be your own boss, and sometimes having a job to supplement your new business venture is required, we cannot deny that the benefits of being so are huge! The following are 5 carefully chosen books that any new business owner or prospective business owner should read!
Jab, Jab, Jab, Right Hook by Gary Vaynerchuk
- You’ll learn why everyone should be acting like a media company.
- You’ll learn why the production of content is cheaper and more accessible today.
- You’ll learn how to produce content for Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
How To Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie
- If you want to learn genuine people skills instead of marketing tactics then read this book.
- You’ll understand why using ‘honey’ is more effective than using ‘vinegar’ when it comes to leadership.
- You’ll learn how to develop genuine friendships.
I Will Teach You To Be Rich by Ramit Sethi
- You’ll learn how to choose the right bank account.
- You’ll understand why saving money on lattes is not the solution to a sound financial plan.
- You’ll learn how to optimize your credit cards to obtain the maximum value out of them.
The Power of Habit by Charles Duhigg
- You’ll learn why your current behaviour is dictated by your habits.
- Studies show that it takes 66 days to form a habit instead of the commonly accepted 21 days.
- You’ll learn how to reprogram a habit.
Never Eat Alone by Keith Ferrazzi
- You’ll learn how to build your network by adding value upfront.
- You’ll learn why it’s necessary to be a giver rather than a taker.
- You’ll learn proven strategies when it comes to networking.
As you complete this book list tell us why these books may have helped you. Each book speaks to the readers in a different way and we often learn very different lessons from the same words on a page. If you have read other books that were immensely helpful to you in starting a business, include them in the comments below!