Want to up your tie game but struggling with how to best go about it? Well struggle no more, for I have the answer: knit ties! In my opinion everyone should own a knit tie and as long as you’re following these guidelines, your tie will never fail to impress.
- Choose the correct knot. If your tie doesn’t maintain its shape throughout the day, then chances are, you’re not using the right knot. Personally, despite how difficult it can be to get it right, I prefer the four-in-hand knot. It tends to be a bit of a struggle at first, but if you stay patient, it is more than worth it.
- Pick the right style. The knit tie is a bit more casual and the texture very different compared to others, therefore I suggest using it for styles that are not so formal. Essentially, don’t replace your black bow tie on a tux with a knit tie!
- Select the right colour. For the spring/summer season, go for the brighter colours, perhaps a yellow, light blue, or even a bright red. The darker, more moody colours are perfect for fall or winter. I prefer army green, navy blue, and charcoal.
- Let both ends hang separately. If you tie it just right, they will be around the same length when you are finished.
- Diversify your outfits with pattern knit ties. If it has multiple colours, I would suggest no more than three to help simplify things a little bit when you’re putting together an outfit.
Now go out there and rock your new ties! And as always, remember that confidence is key. If you’re confident in what you’re wearing, your body language shows it, and people around you will notice that.